- What is Kentucky’s minimum wage in 2019?
- What state has highest minimum wage?
- How many hours can a minor work in KY?
- What is the poorest city in Pennsylvania?
- What is Pennsylvania’s minimum wage in 2020?
- Is minimum wage going up in Kentucky in 2020?
- What is the minimum wage in Kentucky in 2020?
- What is a living wage in Kentucky?
- Is $15 an hour a livable wage?
- Is Louisville Kentucky expensive to live in?
- What is middle class income in Kentucky?
- What is the most common job in Kentucky?
- Is Pa minimum wage going up in 2020?
- What state has lowest minimum wage?
- What states have a $15 an hour minimum wage?
- Which states raised minimum wage in 2020?
- Does everyone get a raise when minimum wage goes up?
- What is considered low income in KY?
- What is minimum wage in Louisiana?
- What is the average income in Lexington KY?
What is Kentucky’s minimum wage in 2019?
Federal Minimum Wage InformationState20112019Kentucky$7.25$7.25Louisiana$7.25$7.25Maine$7.50$11.00Maryland$7.25$10.1027 more rows.
What state has highest minimum wage?
CaliforniaExcluding Washington, D.C.’s $15 hourly minimum wage, California has the highest in the country at $14 per hour. Washington and Massachusetts are close behind, with $13.69 per hour and $13.50 per hour, respectively.
How many hours can a minor work in KY?
1. May work three (3) hours per day on a school day, eight (8) hours a day on a non-school day and up to eighteen (18) hours total in a week when school is in session. 2. May work eight (8) hours per day, forty (40) hours per week when school is not in session for the entire school week.
What is the poorest city in Pennsylvania?
Johnstown1. Johnstown. Johnstown, unfortunately, ranks as the poorest place in Pennsylvania thanks to combination of low pay and and a lack of jobs. The city of 19,569 people averages the lowest median household income in Pennsylvania and the 4th highest poverty rate.
What is Pennsylvania’s minimum wage in 2020?
Pennsylvania’s minimum wage, currently set at the federal minimum of $7.25 an hour since 2009, would rise in four steps to $9.50 over the next two years. On July 1, 2020, the wage would rise to $8 an hour; to $8.50 on Jan. 1, 2021; to $9 on July 1, 2021; and to $9.50 on Jan. 1, 2022.
Is minimum wage going up in Kentucky in 2020?
Kentucky Minimum Wage for 2019, 2020. Kentucky’s state minimum wage rate is $7.25 per hour. This is the same as the current Federal Minimum Wage rate. … Louisville’s minimum wage was raised to $7.75 on July 1 2015 and to $8.20 on July 1 2016.
What is the minimum wage in Kentucky in 2020?
Proposed Kentucky Minimum Wage Increases The lawmakers’ plan calls for gradual increases to Kentucky’s minimum wage, starting with a bump to $8.20 in 2020. Thomas, an attorney and law professor, noted that states contiguous to Kentucky have minimum wage rates above the federal requirement: Illinois: $8.25.
What is a living wage in Kentucky?
Living Wage Calculation for Kentucky1 ADULT0 Children1 ChildLiving Wage$10.98$23.19Poverty Wage$6.00$8.13Minimum Wage$7.25$7.25
Is $15 an hour a livable wage?
One recent study shows $15 an hour isn’t enough to secure affordable housing in most U.S. states. Nationally, someone would need to make $17.90 an hour to rent a one-bedroom apartment or $22.10 an hour to cover a two-bedroom home, according to analysis from the National Low Income Housing Coalition.
Is Louisville Kentucky expensive to live in?
Louisville’s housing expenses are 20% lower than the national average and the utility prices are 6% lower than the national average. Transportation expenses like bus fares and gas prices are 3% higher than the national average. Louisville has grocery prices that are 11% lower than the national average.
What is middle class income in Kentucky?
Range of household incomes needed to be considered middle class, by family sizeStateSingleCoupleKentucky$22,910 – $68,730$32,400 – $97,199Louisiana$23,588 – $70,765$33,359 – $100,077Maine$25,676 – $77,028$36,311 – $108,934Maryland$28,572 – $85,717$40,407 – $121,22248 more rows•Dec 12, 2020
What is the most common job in Kentucky?
Top 100 Jobs Relatively More Common in Kentucky Than ElsewhereRankJobLocal Popularity Index1Farmworkers, farm and ranch animals15.92Statistical assistants11.63Automotive glass installers and repairers7.04Fence erectors5.994 more rows
Is Pa minimum wage going up in 2020?
Pennsylvania’s minimum wage has been stuck at $7.25 an hour since 2009, the minimum wage allowed by federal law. … The governor’s proposal raises the minimum wage to $12 an hour on July 1, 2020 with annual 50 cent increases until reaching $15 an hour in 2026.
What state has lowest minimum wage?
State2020 Minimum Wage2021 Minimum WageAlabama$7.25 (Federal, no state minimum)$7.25 (Federal, no state minimum)Alaska$10.19$10.34Arizona$12.00$12.15Arkansas$10.00$11.0047 more rows•Dec 24, 2020
What states have a $15 an hour minimum wage?
In 2016 New York and California became the first states to pass legislation that would gradually raise the minimum wage to $15 per hour in each state, followed by Massachusetts in 2018.
Which states raised minimum wage in 2020?
Voters in Arizona, Colorado, Maine and Washington approved November ballot measures to raise their respective minimum wages. Arizona, Colorado and Maine will incrementally increase their minimum wages to $12 an hour by 2020. Washington’s will be increased incrementally to $13.50 an hour by 2020.
Does everyone get a raise when minimum wage goes up?
Not everyone will get a raise, but people near the bottom will. There will be a diminishing effect of the minimum wage standard as you move up the ladder. Many people don’t get paid on an hourly basis, they get a salary that likely won’t change due to a minimum wage standard.
What is considered low income in KY?
Research suggests that, on average, families need an income of about twice the federal poverty threshold to meet their most basic needs. Children living in families with incomes below this level—$50,200 for a family of four with two children in 2018—are referred to as low income.
What is minimum wage in Louisiana?
$7.25 per hourLouisiana. No state minimum wage law. Employers subject to the Fair Labor Standards Act must pay the current Federal minimum wage of $7.25 per hour.
What is the average income in Lexington KY?
– The average income of a Lexington-Fayette resident is $29,168 a year. The US average is $28,555 a year. – The Median household income of a Lexington-Fayette resident is $48,667 a year. The US average is $53,482 a year.